Most companies aspire to achieve strong growth. However, an environmental engineering company became a victim of its own success when its technology couldn’t keep up with a major increase in private and public sector business.
The company often needs to meet very rigid deadlines from government agencies and supply chain delays hamper its progress. Additional issues the business actively tries to avoid include delivery slowdowns, expensive warehousing costs, pricy add-on services and unresponsive customer service.
Working with different vendors in an attempt to overcome these roadblocks lead to overlapping and often clashing services. This “a la carte” approach ultimately became unsustainable. The company needed a partner that could provide an all-encompassing solution to meet its every need. It knew Insight to be a full solutions provider with a strong presence throughout the United States and Canada. It sought guidance from our expert Supply Chain Optimization team.
Delivering peace of mind
Big problems require ambitious solutions and Insight responded with a carefully designed end-to-end approach that provided cost savings, improved business continuity and allowed the client to focus on important operational tasks.
Our customized solution included:
- Preferred pricing to assure substantial discounts for assets such as the Dell Technologies Latitude 7490 notebook and the Dell Precision 5530 mobile workstation
- A dedicated sales team (including an on-site individual) to answer client questions
- Integration services to customize assets to the client’s exacting specifications, from staging and imaging to configuration and beyond
- Access to Insight’s lab specialized in every moving part of device pre-deployment
- Convenient warehousing to speed delivery of notebooks and workstations within 24 hours
- A user-friendly, fully customized e-procurement page which eliminates time-consuming paperwork and provides an easy 24/7 ordering option
Now, our warehouse is stocked with fully kitted (boxed with accessories) Dell Technologies notebooks and workstations. We’re prepared to ship 150–200 of the most needed items every month, demonstrating speed and reliability to satisfy the client’s growing needs.
The business’s engineers can also quickly complete their orders on our customized e-procurement portal for overnight delivery. Or, they can easily reach our sales representatives with any questions — or to personally place an order. Upon delivery, the engineer opens the box, hooks up the fully loaded workstation or notebook and is ready to go.
This end-to-end solution has already carved out $100,000 in warehousing savings — and an additional $125,000 in savings per year on deeply discounted laptops and workstations. Plus, the client’s internal IT department no longer needs to spend valuable time on imaging and prepping new equipment.
By providing speedy delivery and deployment, we helped lower company-wide stress levels while maximizing the company’s investments.