Facts at a glance
Transportation & logistics
Improve uptime and stability of business-critical platforms.
Smooth migration to cloud-based architecture and new end-to-end lifecycle management system
- Consulting services
- Team, organizational and leadership coaching
- Interactive Team Launch Workshop in collaboration with the client
- Modified Agile delivery process developed with client
- Professional services
- Built out the Azure infrastructure for Equipment Lifecycle Management to interface with Salesforce, Mulesoft and IMBi
- Built out the Azure infrastructure for Transportation Management System (TMS) to interface with internal systems and newly developed TMS
Download the client story
- Estimated $20k/day saved with early project delivery
- Increased uptime and stability
- Improved visibility into day-to-day operations
- Streamlined decision-making and operational efficiency
In an effort to fix platform stability for its transportation management systems, this client sought to modernize its legacy architecture. But when this transportation and logistics company decided to move forward with a cloud-first strategy via Azure for better visibility into critical day-to-day operations and to improve business decisions, it experienced challenges along the way. Internal IT and engineering teams were already working at capacity on other projects and needed outside support and expertise for a smooth transition to the cloud.
The top priority of this client’s migration was to ensure the data between the old and new systems would remain synced and up to date while the project was underway. With Insight’s expertise, a workflow was established to ensure a smooth transition while removing the silos of the previous on-premises data centers. This also improved visibility into third-party asset management, which sheds light on data for better business decisions and more efficient day-to-day operations. Additionally, a new end-to-end lifecycle management platform in development will offer more visibility into procurement, tracking, monitoring, retirement and fleet sales of transportation resources.
Insight’s proposed radical Agile approach with 24-hour feedback loops allowed for quicker implementation of changes and progress toward the client’s end goal. This helped to resolve multiple challenges the client was facing from using a scaling framework with six-week increments with delayed feedback and collaboration. Flexibility and constant collaboration were key to the success of the migration and client satisfaction. This accelerated the anticipated client delivery schedule by three months, saving the client an estimated $20K a day. With a successful migration, this transportation and logistics giant is continuing to work with Insight to modernize its infrastructure, and in the future, it wants to pursue the modernization of its applications.