THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“AGREEMENT") APPLY TO THE ORDER AND PURCHASE OF SERVICES PERFORMED BY INSIGHT OR ITS SUBCONTRACTORS AND/OR AGENTS, AND SOLD BY INSIGHT PUBLIC SECTOR (COLLECTIVELY, “SERVICES"). By issuing a purchase order or by receiving and using the Services, you accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, Services do not include third-party branded services, software as a service (“SaaS"), or other cloud computing offerings. Insight may, from time to time and at its sole option, revise this Agreement without notice by posting the revised agreement on its website. The Agreement posted on Insight's website at the time Insight accepts your order governs that purchase.
- Entire Agreement. The description of the scope of work and terms associated with such Services (“Service Description") along with these Terms of Sale and any attachments, schedules, addenda and exhibits are together one agreement and forms the entire agreement between the parties relating to the Services to be performed by Insight. This Agreement supersedes any prior representations or agreements, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter. Any conflicting additional or different terms contained in any other agreement, invoice or statement of work, as the case may be, are expressly rejected. In the event of a conflict between these Terms of Sale, and any Special Terms and Conditions under the Services Description, the Special Terms and Conditions will govern.
- Term. This Agreement commences when Insight accepts your order ("Effective Date") and will continue until completion of the Services or as otherwise provided under the Termination section below.
- Invoicing/Payment. Services will be invoiced in accordance with the Service Description. You must pay all undisputed invoices in full within 30 days of the invoice date, unless otherwise specified under the Special Terms and Conditions. All payments must reference the invoice number. Unless otherwise specified, all invoices shall be paid in the currency of the invoice.
- Credit/Late Payment. Insight retains the right to decline to extend credit and to require that the applicable purchase price be paid prior to performance of Services based on changes in insight's credit policies or your financial condition and/or payment record. Insight reserves the right to charge interest of 1.5% per month or the maximum allowable by applicable law, whichever is less, for any undisputed past due invoices. You are responsible for all costs of collection, including reasonable attorneys' fees, for any payment default on undisputed invoices. In addition, Insight may terminate all further work if payment is not received in a timely manner.
- Taxes. Federal, state and local sales, use and excise taxes and all similar taxes and duties, (excluding taxes based on Insight's income, assets or net worth), are solely your responsibility. You may provide Insight a tax exemption certificate, which will be subject to review and acceptance by Insight.
- Termination. Unless earlier terminated in accordance with this Section, Insight may terminate this Agreement, in whole or in part, immediately if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to remedy that breach within 30 days after receipt of Insight’s written notice of such breach. A material breach of this Agreement, includes your failure to pay your invoice when due.
- Limited Service Warranty. Insight represents and warrants that Services will: performed by Insight will: (i) be performed in a timely, competent, professional and workmanlike manner; (ii) substantially conform to the written specifications under the Service Description for 30 days from completion, or for such other warranty period as may be indicated under the Special Terms and Conditions of the Service Description; (iii) be in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to Insight's performance of the Services under the Service Description.THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF, AND INSIGHT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ALL OTHER WARRANTIES IN RELATION TO THE SERVICES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, LAW, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. TO THE EXTENT AN IMPLIED WARRANTY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED, SUCH WARRANTY IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD.
- Remedies. The party's sole and exclusive obligations, and sole and exclusive remedies, with respect to any action for breach of limited warranty will be the re-performance of any deficient Services at Insight's expense. If Insight is unable to remedy any deficient Services within 30 days of notice or such additional time as may be agreed upon by the parties, Insight will, at its option, provide a credit or refund of any fees paid for the specific non-conforming Services. No re-performance will extend any warranty period. Any credits issued to you by Insight for any reason must be applied by you within 2 years from the date the credit is issued. If not used within such period, credits will automatically expire.
- Third Party Services. Certain Services may be provided by third parties ("Third Party Services"). In the case of Third Party Services, the third party shall be considered the contracting party, not Insight, and the third party shall be the party responsible for providing the services to you. You will look solely to the third party for any loss, claims or damages arising from, or related to, the provision of such Third Party Services. You specifically release Insight from any and all claims arising from or relating to the purchase or provision of any such Third Parties Services.
- Client Work Product. All results of the Services described in and delivered pursuant to this Agreement, including Deliverables, and Client’s proprietary information contained therein, authored or created by Insight specifically for Client as a Work Made for Hire, excluding any Insight IP incorporated therein ("Work Product"), will be and remain the property of Client. Insight retains all right, title and interest in, without limitation, any intellectual property rights in works of authorship, know-how, or any invention, device, process, method, development, design, specifications, technique, apparatus, reports, schematic or technical information (whether patentable or not), documentation, software or enhancements, improvements, alterations, interfaces, workflows, and best practices developed, invented, created or reduced to practice by Insight and used for the Services, including any derivatives or modifications (“Insight IP”). To the extent Work Product includes any works of authorship that are Insight IP, Insight grants Client a nonexclusive and non-transferable license to use each such portion of the Work Product for its internal business purposes, provided that no Insight IP may be unbundled or separated from the Work Product or used on a stand-alone basis.
- Confidential Information. Both parties will maintain in confidence and safeguard all confidential information, as defined in this paragraph, of the other party, its affiliates, and its customers. "Confidential Information" means any information that is marked or otherwise identified as confidential or proprietary at the time of disclosure and includes, but is not limited to, trade secrets, know-how, inventions, techniques, data, customer lists, personal information, financial information, sales and marketing plans of the other party, its affiliates, or its customers. Both parties recognize and acknowledge the confidential and proprietary nature of any Confidential Information and acknowledge the irreparable harm that could result if such Confidential Information is disclosed to a third party or used for unauthorized purposes. Each party agrees to use any Confidential Information only for the purpose of conducting business with each other and their clients in the manner contemplated by this Agreement. Both parties will restrict disclosures of any Confidential Information to only those personnel who have a need to know and will bind such personnel to obligations of confidentiality to the same extent that each party is bound by this Agreement. Upon request of the owner of Confidential Information, the other party will promptly return all materials incorporating any Confidential Information and any copies. The obligations under this paragraph do not apply to information that: (i) is or becomes generally known or in the public domain through no act or omission of the other party; (ii) was lawfully in Insight's or your possession without restriction as to use or disclosure before its receipt from the other party; (iii) is received from, or was made available to, a third party without any obligation of confidentiality; (iv) was independently developed; (v) is otherwise permitted to be disclosed under this Agreement; (vi) is disclosed with the prior written consent of the disclosing party; or (vii) is required to be disclosed in any civil or criminal legal proceeding, regulatory proceeding or any similar process, however, the party required to make the disclosure under the law shall give prompt notice of this to the other party prior to such disclosure so that the other party may seek an appropriate protective order or give its written consent to such disclosure.
- Indemnification. Each party will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and Affiliates from and against any damages, penalties, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) incurred by the other party in connection with any claims or actions by a third party relating to bodily injury or death of any person or damage to tangible personal property to the extent caused by the negligence or willful acts or omissions of the party that has the obligation to defend, indemnify, or hold harmless. In the event that any claim is made or suit is commenced by a third party against a party or other entity entitled to indemnity under this Section (an "Indemnified Party"), the Indemnified Party shall: (i) give prompt written notice of such demand, claim or suit to the party that has an indemnity obligation (the "Indemnifying Party"); and (ii) provide reasonable assistance and cooperation in the defense and settlement of any claim or legal proceeding. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the Indemnifying Party fails to assume its obligation to defend, the Indemnified Party may do so to protect its interests and seek reimbursement from the Indemnifying Party.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF INCOME, PROFITS, DATA, OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY, USE OR INFORMATION) ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR THEORY OF RELIEF, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF DIRECT DAMAGES RECOVERABLE FROM A PARTY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID OR TO BE PAID BY YOU FOR SERVICES PERFORMED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. IN ADDITION, NO ACTION, WHETHER FOR INDEMNIFICATION OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF FORM, ARISING OUT OF THE TRANSACTIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, MAY BE BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE DAMAGE, LOSS OR EXPENSE OCCURRED.
- Force Majeure. Insight shall not be liable to Purchaser for any delay or failure by Insight to fulfill its obligations under this Agreement or otherwise if such delay or failure arises from any cause or causes beyond the reasonable control of Insight, including, but not limited to labor disputes, strikes or other labor disturbances, acts of nature, floods, lightning, shortages of materials, rationing, utility or communication failures, earthquakes, terrorism, casualty war, embargoes, blockages, actions, restrictions, or regulations or orders of any government agency or subdivision thereof.
- Notices. Any notice required or permitted to be given hereunder must be in writing and is considered received: (a) when personally delivered; (b) 1 business day after having been sent by overnight mail via a professional carrier; or (c) when sent via facsimile or electronic mail, receipt confirmed, with an original document placed in the mail within 5 business days of the date of that facsimile or electronic mail. All business communication will be sent to the addresses as either party designates in writing to the other. Legal notices must be sent with a copy for Insight addressed to: Insight, 2701 E. Insight Way, Chandler, AZ 85286, Attn: Legal Department.
- General. This Agreement will be governed by the substantive laws of the state of Arizona without regard to any conflict of law rules. Services will be deemed accepted 5 days from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise specified in writing under the Services Description. Any subsequent additions, deletions or modifications to this Agreement are not binding unless agreed upon in writing by authorized representatives of both parties. If any part of this Agreement is for any reason found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, all other parts will still remain in effect. A delay or failure to exercise or partially exercise any right under this Agreement does not operate as a waiver, nor will it preclude future exercise of that right or permit, or sanction any subsequent breach of any term or condition. Neither party may assign its duties or rights under this Agreement, whether by operation of law or otherwise, except with the other party's prior written consent; provided that Insight will have the right to assign this Agreement to an affiliate or corporate successor. Insight may subcontract any or all of its obligations hereunder to one or more qualified parties without your prior consent, unless otherwise restricted in this Agreement. Insight is not responsible for default or delays caused by your failure to provide accurate instructions, information, access to facilities or suitable product or application environment. Neither party will be liable for any delays in the performance of this Agreement due to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of nature, acts of government, national emergencies, acts of terrorism, transportation delays, labor disturbances, work stoppages, or material shortages. The provisions of this Agreement, which by sense and content are intended to survive, including but not limited to the sections related to payment, warranties, remedies, indemnification, confidentiality and limits of liability, will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement. Insight is an independent contractor to you. No personnel employed or engaged by Insight to perform the Services for you will be considered your employees, agents, partners, joint venture partners, or franchisors. Insight has sole responsibility for the direction of its employees and has the right to fire, hire, suspend, layoff, transfer or reassign employees at will without your consent. Electronic signatures (or copies of signatures sent via electronic means) are the equivalent of written and signed documents.
Revised July 2022
© Insight Public Sector, Inc. All rights reserved.
All Terms & Policies
- Code of Ethics and Business Practices
- Return Policy
- Stock Status Explanations
- Supplier Code of Conduct
- Third Party Cloud Services Terms of Sale (U.S./Commercial)
- Third Party Cloud Services Terms of Sale (Insight Public Sector)
- Products and Services
- Products (Insight Public Sector)
- Services (Insight Public Sector)